Are you a veteran with certain arrests or convictions on your record that you wish to have expunged or sealed?
Are you aware that background checks are often performed as part of a job or housing application process?
Don’t let a criminal record prevent you from obtaining a job or other benefits, we can help. Call or e-mail ILLINOIS JOINING FORCES (“IJF”) NOW at 1-877-236-7702 or email@example.com to be pre-screened for a clinic designed specifically for veterans.
DATE: Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
TIME: 1:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Chase Tower, 10 S. Dearborn, Chicago, IL
Who can participate?
• Veterans with an arrest or conviction in the State of Illinois qualify for an initial review by IJF.
• The level of assistance provided may vary depending on the nature of your criminal record.
How to get pre-screened?
• Contact IJF (1-877-236-7702 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your arrests and convictions.
• If you meet the criteria, you will be asked to provide a copy of your RAP sheets and certified copy of dispositions to IJF, to prepare for the clinic.
• Hard copies of both documents, if applicable, are necessary on the day of the clinic.
Criminal History (RAP sheet): you can get them from the arresting authority
• There may be a fee. ($16 for the Chicago Police Department)
Certified copy of dispositions: you can get them from the Circuit Clerk’s Office in the county where your case was filed
• There may be a fee. ($9/case in Cook County)
• Find your Circuit Clerk’s website at: www.ilcourtclerks.org/illinois-court-clerks/.