Illinois Joining Forces (IJF) is excited to announce the launch of VetQnect, the first mobile app for veterans and military service members in the state.
VetQnect is designed to be a trusted peer network for service members, veterans and their families looking to connect and share resources on benefits, job opportunities and various events throughout Illinois.
According to IJF Executive Director Ken Barber, the VetQnect app will serve as an extension of the ongoing efforts to help service members, veterans, and families navigate resources available in Illinois. “Helping Illinois veterans feel connected to a community of like-minded individuals that know the challenges of veteran transition is critical,” Barber said.
VetQnect offers a seamless way for veterans to quickly connect. The app features:
- Question and answer threads.
- Ability to invite other veterans and military to the community.
- Direct messaging among users.
- Topic threads by hashtag.
- Access to events and resources from Illinois Joining Forces.