The Illinois Joining Forces Foundation (IJFF) is a legislatively charted nonprofit doing business as Illinois Joining Forces (IJF). The Foundation serves to ensure the long-term sustainability of IJF as a statewide network of military and veteran serving public and private organizations. Through IJF Working Groups consisting of Member Organizations IJF operates to assist Service Members, Veterans, and their Families (SMVF). Additionally, an online portal – www.IllinoisJoiningForces.org – IJF provides access for SMVF to the IJF member organizations and the IJF referral and service tracking system. The IJF Board of Directors, Member Working Groups, and Member Organizations through active collaboration work to improve services, facilitate knowledge-sharing, increase awareness, and connectivity so that SMVF can better navigate the “sea of goodwill,” system of services and supports.
The IJF mission is to establish, maintain, and nurture a state-wide public and private organizational network that will identify, collaborate, and marshal available resources and services to help create efficient access and delivery of these services and resources to the State’s military and veteran communities by:
- Convening military and veteran support organizations, through IJF working groups, to build cross-sector relationships and mutual awareness;
- Facilitating the transfer of information and knowledge among IJF member organizations;
- Maintaining and continuing to build the no-wrong-door online navigation platform;
- Educating IJF members and other community providers regarding military and veteran culture and needs, thus improving the collective capacity of the support system;
- Outreaching directly to Service Members, Veterans, and their Families regarding the no-wrong-door system that IJF provides to them, and
- Providing policy recommendations through IJF member working groups to the Illinois Veterans’ Advisory Council.
Illinois Joining Forces is currently seeking an Executive Director who will lead its not-for-profit foundation focused on providing a public-private network of veteran and military-serving organizations that collaborate to help service members, veterans and their families navigate available resources and support services in the state of Illinois. Under the direct supervision of the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible to the Board for the day-to-day administrative management of the Foundation. This position is a full-time position based out of Chicago, and will require regular travel across the state of Illinois as required.
Fundraising, Sponsorship, Grants, & Partnership Development – 40%
Manages the overall fundraising & sponsorship program by identifying, cultivating, and stewarding individual donors, corporate sponsors, foundations, and available grants to maximize revenue. Responsible for an annual fundraising & sponsorship goal as well as the strategic expansion of the program.
- Develops and submits to the Board for approval an annual fundraising & sponsorship strategy that provides sufficient resources to support IJF’s mission and Working Groups.
- Executes the fundraising plan by conducting and managing the advocacy and fundraising activities necessary to operate and for the Foundation’s success.
- Maintains relationships with funders to ensure IJF and funders goals are aligned and funders are champions of IJF’s mission and goals.
- Builds strategic partnerships in new markets and with new funders.
- Provides a decision Go or No-Go process for the Board to approve grant and funding requests.
Administrative Management & Operations – 30%
Responsible for the day-to-day administrative management of the Foundation, ensuring that the programs and operations are functioning properly.
- Assists the Board in determining IJF’s objectives to support IJF’s Working Groups.
- Assists the Board Secretary in communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Provides periodic weekly management reports to the Board Chair.
- Provides periodic monthly management reports to IJF’s Board of Directors.
- Develops, manages, and maintains a file management system for the Board records.
- Assists in managing the activities of the Board in compliance with the Open Meetings Act (OMA).
- Develops procedures and processes to ensure that the Board’s strategies and tactical plans – priorities, tactics, budget, and staff – are aligned with IJF’s mission.
- Leads and directs IJF’s staff to ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization that achieves IJF’s long- and short-term goals.
- Cultivates and maintains a strong, transparent relationship with the Board and IJF’s Working Groups to keep the Board informed about the health of the organization through the measurement of organizational performance compared against established metrics, milestones, and goals.
- Alerts the Board to any potential risks and liabilities in a timely manner providing recommendations for appropriate actions and solutions.
- Builds relationships across various communities to ensure that IJF is represented both publically and internally.
- Manages the operation of IJF’s online web site and ensures that it is responsive to the needs of IJF’s Working Groups.
Financial & Budget Management – 20%
- Works closely with the Board Treasurer to ensure the fiscal integrity of IJF including the development and submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and periodic monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of IJF’s organization.
- Ensure compliance with IJF’s Bylaws, Board policies, and state and federal laws including accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Maintains standard management internal controls to ensure financial integrity.
Organizational Development, & Staff Management – 5%
- Ensure equitable personnel policies are in place that define hiring, benefits, performance evaluation, and work culture.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive work environment.
- Ensure that member organizations are adequately trained, valued, and have sufficient tools to achieve efficient and excellent IJF service.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent and efficient program support systems including the support of IJF’s working groups and committees.
- Facilitate a supportive culture that fosters a collaborative partnership and an innovative and harmonious work environment among volunteers and staff.
Other duties as assigned by the Board – 5%
- Willingness to travel throughout Illinois on a regular basis with occasional national travel.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Five or more year’s senior nonprofit management
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Demonstrated experience understanding and serving the needs of Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families (SMVF).
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising strategies and funder relationships.
- Solid, hands-on budget management experience including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and accurate reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to effectively recruit and collaborate with and motivate volunteers and potential collaborators.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with staff.
- Ability to foresee work needing attention and initiate new activities for Board approval.
- Effective communicator, public speaker, and story teller; including strong writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Apply online: http://chamberlainstaffing.com/careers/#/jobs/399
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org