The Employment & Job Training member working group is committed to connecting veterans to employers, and employers to veterans. The member organizations in the working group are leveraging each other, as well as their respective networks, across all sectors here in Illinois. The ultimate goal is an Illinois that systematically prepares veterans to enter the workforce and access quality jobs that allow them to leverage their skills, training, and experiences. The Employment Working Group works together to recruit, prepare, and connect veterans to sustainable employment.
Current and Future Initiatives of the Employment & Job Training Working Group
- Serve all veterans and respond to requests for help within 1 business day.
- Help veterans understand the hiring process and how they have to compete for a job.
- Help veterans market and effectively communicate their value to become the “known candidate.”
- Build relationships with employers to get veterans in front of decision makers.
- Help employers understand the value that veterans bring to their business.
Working Group Chair
Bill Browne, Director, Cook County Veteran’s Affairs